[Sabah] Finance Controller
Antara Steel Mills Sdn Bhd
Established in the 1930’s, The Lion Group is a diversified business group encompassing steel, retail & trading, property, plantation, computer and security services. It has operations in Malaysia, China, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, USA and Mexico, with an annual group turnover of approximately RM18 billion (US$5.8 billion).
We are now seeking dynamic and highly motivated individual to join us in the following position:
- Spearhead Accounts / Finance department. Accountable for financial and risk management, comprising planning, operation, financial information, risk management, funding and liaison with external / third parties.
- Develop business plans for the company – short-term and long-term, corporate KPIs, strategic analysis / review against industry benchmarking / capabilities.
- Monitoring and reporting on strategic KPIs, financial results, variance analysis, and corrective action plans for performance gaps.
- Conduct periodic review of all internal financial controls, procedures and guidelines. Prepare updated and revamped effective work procedures in ERP system and controls for approval by the Management. Enhance ERP system and business intelligence solution across system modules for effective control.
- Supervise treasury function on sales or purchases, L/C or other payment terms, trade-finance facilities in compliance to contractual terms, negotiation of terms and rates, loan/bond agreements and monitored compliance of conditions and covenants.
- Coordinate annual external audit and internal audit exercises, reviewed all financial statements and schedules, attend to audit clarifications issues and ensure financial statements accuracy and compliance with standards and legal requirements.
- Coordinate risk management program that covered risk profiling exercise and insurance policy / coverage for all facets of the company business
- Manage budget and planning processes.
- Responsible for the provision of monthly and quarterly actual consolidated data and budget and forecast data.
- Degree in Accounting + professional qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or MIA.
- Min. 10 years post professional experience preferably from the manufacturing industry.
- Possess a high level of integrity, initiative, drive, commitment, sense of urgency, leadership qualities, pro-active with proven analytical problem solving skills
- Technically strong in overall accounting functions – financial management, consolidation, budgets, forecast, cash flows, internal controls, contractual agreements.
- In-depth knowledge of ERP/Microsoft AX will be an advantage
The Lion Group offers good career development opportunities which can be gained from exposure to its diversified businesses. Successful candidates can expect to receive an attractive remuneration package including a competitive base-pay, performance bonus, outpatient medical for employee and dependants, Group surgical and hospitalization scheme, personal accident coverage, car allowance, etc.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experiences. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online:
Tarikh Tutup Permohonan: 20/10/2012